Sonntag, 18. Oktober 2015

HARRY POTTER Reading-Diary #2



Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
Second entry: Pages 126-235


The sorting-hat scene was definitely one of my favourite. It was so interesting to see what the different houses stand for, and it made me curious, so I did the sorting hat quiz myself!
Here is the link to the quiz I did:
http://www.gotoquiz.com/pottermore_sorting_hat_quiz_2

Here is my result:

Ravenclaw: 83%
“Congratulations! Welcome to RAVENCLAW HOUSE. Our emblem is the eagle, which soars where others cannot fly; our house colours are blue and bronze. We pride ourselves on intelligence, creativity, individuality, wit and learning, and our common room is found at the top of Ravenclaw tower, behind a door with an enchanted knocker.
Traits: Intelligence, wit, creativity, imaginative, curiosity, individuality and eccentricity.“

Gryffindor: 77%
Slytherin: 55%
Hufflepuff: 40%

Well, so I guess the question on which house I belong to is out of the way now.

But can we talk about the meal they have at Hogwarts the first day? I really want to be part of that. The floating candles would be amazing to see, I wish this would exist in real life.

Professor Snape was introduced in these chapters too. I know that Snape is loved by a lot of characters, but right now he is just annoying me. I do know a bit of his back-story, so I kind of know what’s going to happen, but he doesn’t have to treat Harry this way.

And let’s talk about Quidditch. Right now I can actually say that I know more about Quidditch than I know about soccer. And it’s just a much more interesting sport in general, isn’t it? I would give a lot to see one game live, honestly. Reading only this one chapter about Quidditch I already could feel the excitement the people in Hogwarts feel about their sport. I love it.

But I kind of felt like the two houses Gryffindor and Slytherin just get much more attention than the other ones. Will this stay that way? Because I would LOVE to have some focus on the other houses, especially on Ravenclaw, now that I know that this is the house I would belong to.

The characters already developed a bit in these chapters actually. I loved how the friendship on Harry, Ron and Hermione starts to grow now. I loved it when Hermione lied for Ron and Harry, and how it just brought them all closer. They are going to be an epic trio.
But also Draco seems to be a good “villain” as far as it seems.
But what’s up with that turban professor? Is it what I think it is?

The Christmas scene was just magical (yeah, I know, but it’s true!). When I imagine how Hogwarts must look like around Christmas time I just want to be there right now and stay there forever. The candles, the decoration, the meals, everything just seems perfect. And can we also talk about the presents? And how Ron is the best friend ever? His mother made a pullover for Harry, how much love and caring does this one gesture show? (Side note: I also want such a sweater. For me with an A on it, pretty please.) And the other presents were amazing too. The fact that also Hermione gave the boys something for Christmas just warms my heart. Really, right now I want nothing more than celebrating Christmas in Hogwarts pretty please.

The last scene was the mirror scene (it is called ERISED in English, right?) It was so sad to see Harry and his parents and family together and to learn that it shows you what your heart desires. It breaks my heart that Harry will probably never get his wish granted.
But can we talk about Dumbledore? His statement was hilarious. Just give this old man some socks, jeez.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen