Mittwoch, 13. Mai 2015

Review: City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare

*Disclaimer* This review will contain spoilers


“We are all the pieces of what we remember. We hold in ourselves the hopes and fears of those who love us. As long as there is love and memory, there is no true loss.” 


Content:

In this dazzling and long-awaited conclusion to the acclaimed Mortal Instruments series, Clary and her friends fight the greatest evil they have ever faced: Clary's own brother.
Sebastian Morgenstern is on the move, systematically turning Shadowhunter against Shadowhunter. Bearing the Infernal Cup, he transforms Shadowhunters into creatures out of nightmare, tearing apart families and lovers as the ranks of his Endarkened army swell. When one of the greatest betrayals the Nephilim have ever known is revealed, Clary, Jace, Isabelle, Simon, and Alec must flee - even if their journey takes them deep into the demon realms, where no Shadowhunter has set foot before, and from which no human being has ever returned...

Cover:

I absolutely love the cover. (Not only because Sebastian is on it, but that is an important part) It really suits the plot and the feeling of the book. It’s great.

My opinion:

Where should I start? I don’t know it. I am so incredibly sad that this series is over now. But before I start with the review you should know that Sebastian Morgenstern is my favorite character of all time. He is the best and most complex and best written villain ever. Okay, so with that being said, let’s get started.

First off, Cassie’s writing style is perfect. She knows how to make me feel extremely happy on one page, and very sad on the next, I probably also laugh continuously when reading her books, because some of her characters are just so sarcastic and funny, it’s great. I live for Cassandra’s writing style!

Next, let’s talk about the characters. I mean, what do I have to say? 10/10 stars for all of them. There were people that I hated, people that I loved and got so attached to, but all of them were just amazing. These people got so close to my heart, and I love it. I am sad that this series has ended now, but I am happy that these characters will come back in TDA. I am not able to let go these characters yet. I also really loved it that a few people from former stories appeared in this one, such as Jem and Tessa.

Lastly, let’s talk about the plot-development. I was spoiled for almost all the deaths and I knew in which direction the plot will go (thank you Fandom). Thus, the plot itself wasn’t really a surprise for me, but I really enjoyed it nevertheless. The demon-realm was great, and I loved how almost everything turned out. Six people that we know by name have died, and three of them were too sad for me. A lot of people don’t seem to mind the deaths of Jordan and Raphael, but I loved both of them and I was really sad when I read about their deaths. They were both great characters and close to my heart. I definitely cried a lot when these two were killed. Whilst I didn’t really mind Maureen, Meliorn and Amantis though, the most horrible death was Sebastian. As I said, he also has been my favorite character, and it hurt a lot to see him first become “good”, to see the demon get drained out of him, and then see him die. It was Jonathan who died, and no one deserved it less to die than him. He said, and I quote, “I’ve never felt so light”, because demon blood burns Shadowhunters, thus he must have suffered his whole entire life. But now that Clary brought the heavenly fire into his veins and the demon blood was gone he felt light, without any pain. If you didn’t cry at that part I don’t know what makes you cry.
Despite the deaths, the ending was quite satisfying though. Malec was fixed again, Simon got his lost memory at least half back, Clace is good again, Jace is becoming a Herondale, Luke and Jocelyn are married, Jem and Tessa will marry, seems all perfect right? Yeah … despite Sebastian.

Conclusion:

A great end to the series. I am so sad that this series is over now. I loved every single book and it will stay with me forever.

Rating:

4.5 | 5 stars
---★-

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen