Samstag, 28. Februar 2015

What books gave to me

First of all I want to apologize that I haven’t posted anything since a few weeks, but school has been very stressful lately. I will try to post more the next days :)

In today’s post I want to share with y’all my book-story: What made me a reader, which series/books imprinted on me and why I love books so much. I really hope that you guys enjoy this post.



I actually read a lot when I was in primary school, but it kind of got less and less in secondary. I concentrated more on other things than on books, and whilst I read a lot of great series which stuck with me during my secondary school years (Twilight, The Hunger Games …), I wasn’t into reading at all at the beginning of 2013. I rather wanted to play video-games or do something else. But then, one faithful day, I picked up the Lord of the Rings trilogy once more (I’ve already read it when I was about 12, but I wanted to re-read it), and I got hooked within the first 100 pages. The story felt so much more intense the second time around, and in 1 week I read all three books of the series plus The Hobbit. And that was the time when my reading-obsession started. I realized that this series is so much more than just a few books, and that books in general can mean so much more than just a few pages and letters.

I started reading a lot more that time and I discovered the beauty of books. I started trying out new genres and soon also got into dystopian and contemporary books, besides high-fantasy. I went online and I started talking to people on Facebook and Twitter about the books I’ve read, and I found so many new friends through this.

Then, at the beginning of 2014 I went through a pretty hard time in my life. I won’t go too much into detail, but that time I started reading “Will Grayson & Will Grayson” by John Green and David Levithan and it helped me out of my grief. I started realizing how important books are for me, how much they can cheer me up and how they take me to another world, away from reality. With this book I also realized that books can change you. This book changed my point of view on life, on relationships and on so many other things. It showed me, how much books can influence people. And that is when I started to love books.

Since that time I am reading more and I started to love books even more every time I read a great book. I love being part of the book and fandom-community because all the people here are great and we understand each other, whilst others may think it’s strange that we love books or fictional characters. I never would want to miss any of my experiences with books and fandoms.

Feel free to share your book-story down in the comments below! I really hope you guys enjoyed this post and I will see you in the next one :)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen