Montag, 10. August 2015

Review: FOUR by Veronica Roth

“I want some kind of reminder that while wounds heal, they don't disappear forever- I carry them everywhere, always, and that is the way of things, the way of scars.”


Summary:

Two years before Beatrice Prior made her choice, the sixteen-year-old son of Abnegation’s faction leader did the same. Tobias’s transfer to Dauntless is a chance to begin again. Here, he will not be called the name his parents gave him. Here, he will not let fear turn him into a cowering child.

Cover:

I think the cover is great. If you have read the Divergent series you know that the Ferris wheel plays an important role in Four’s and Tris’s relationship, so I think the choice of putting it on the cover is great.

My opinion:

This book made me realize how much I missed Four and the Divergent world in general. 
When I read this series last year I really enjoyed it, but so far I didn’t have any interest in reading this book whatsoever. I thought that I was done with this series and this world, especially after not really enjoying the third book in the series. But once I started FOUR I immediately fell in love again.
It may not be the best written book or have the best and most thought-out plot, but it once again made me realize many important things. It showed me that you need to face your fears, and you need to be able to handle or even conquer them. It's not about overcoming a fear; it's about facing it and somehow also accepting it. And I realized this in a time, where I really needed the strength that this book gave me in the end. What I also really enjoyed was seeing what happened in Four’s life before Tris transferred to Dauntless. I always enjoyed his voice more than Tris’s to be honest, so I was happy for that change.

Conclusion:

This book was a real surprise for me, and I really enjoyed it.

Rating:

5 | 5 stars
----

1 Kommentar:

  1. I haven't read this book yet but I loved the Divergent series and the movies are surprisingly good, I didn't know if I would like them as so many book turned movies turn out good.
    I obsessed with Four so I'm sure I will love this :)
    Your new GFC & Twitter follower,
    Cody @ Literary-ly Obsessed

    AntwortenLöschen