Freitag, 3. April 2015

Movie Review: Insurgent

“No, you are worth it. You are worth it to me. You have to promise me that you're not going to leave. I want you to promise me that you won't go.

Content:

Insurgent raises the stakes for Tris as she searches for allies and answers in the ruins of a futuristic Chicago. Tris and Four are now fugitives on the run, hunted by Jeanine, the leader of the power-hungry Erudite elite. Racing against time, they must find out what Tris's family sacrificed their lives to protect, and why the Erudite leaders will do anything to stop them. Haunted by her past choices but desperate to protect the ones she loves, Tris, with Four at her side, faces one impossible challenge after another as they unlock the truth about the past and ultimately the future of their world. © Lionsgate

My opinion:

First of all, I have to be honest with you guys. I am not a huge fan of the second book of the series. I think it’s the weakest of all three and at some points it’s pretty boring and not straight forward. You should know that before reading my review.

Seeing the film as a book to movie adaptation, the movie was pretty bad. They changed so many things, and I can’t even remember all of them. They even changed the main plot-line with including this “box” that contained the secret that Jeanine was trying to hide. Tris wasn’t afraid of guns, like she should be. Generally Tris seemed very different from the book in terms of behavior. Also Peter’s character was slightly changed, although that wasn’t necessarily a bad thing. Another thing, which was very confusing, if you have not read the books, was that Uriah and Marlene were here suddenly. They were not in the first movie and thus, they were very confusing for people who aren’t familiar with the books. So seeing it as a book-movie adaptation, the film really sucked.
However, I mentioned that I found the book boring at some points, and thus I actually enjoyed the movie more than the book. How they structured the plot-line in the movie seemed much more logical to me, and (most important of all) they didn’t need an endless amount of time to figure out what was happening, which made the whole plot more fast-paced. I loved that. Another thing which I really enjoyed was the Four-Tris chemistry. Yeah, things happened which shouldn’t have happened until the third book (if you know what I mean), but that didn’t really bother me. It seemed to be alright. The acting of ALL actors was fantastic and the visual effects were really impressive too, especially in the simulations. (I didn’t see it in 3D though)
The movie was better structured and more fast-paced than the book, which made me like the movie actually more than the book. Although it had its flaws, I saw what they were trying to do with it, and I liked it.

Conclusion:

It was a bad book to movie adaptation, but a great movie itself.

Rating:

3.8 | 5 stars
----

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen